Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens
AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Lens Highlights
- Fast, f/1.8 prime lens is perfect for low-light conditions, travel, environmental portrait and general photography
- Engineered for Nikon DX-format D-SLRS, the AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens renders a picture angle approximating the classic normal angle of view of a 50mm lens on a Nikon FXformat digital SLR or 35mm film camera
- Aspherical lens element minimizes coma and other types of lens aberrations, further improving image integrity
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers color consistency and reduced flare
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- Close focusing to 1 foot for creative perspectives and versatility
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- Accepts 52mm filter attachments
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
- F Mount Lens/DX Format. Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35 millimeter Equivalent). Rear Focusing; Manual Focus Override
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to 22 ; Dimensions(approx.):Approx. 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent Wave Motor AF System. Accepts filter type is screw on.Lens Construction:8 elements in 6 groups
- Compatible formats is dx and fx in dx crop mode.Maximum Reproduction Ratio:0.16x
- Lens not zoomable
Compact, fast f/1.8 prime lens for DX-format cameras
Optimized for DX-format cameras, the compact, lightweight AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G delivers the consistently stunning images you’d expect from a prime lens. Its fast f/1.8 maximum aperture is perfect for low-light shooting and creating softly blurred backgrounds; and its classic ‘normal’ angle of view (approximating what we see with our eyes) makes it a great all-around lens.
Beautiful background blur Isolate your subject for a dramatic effect
The secret to creating beautifully blurred backgrounds in your photos and videos is using a lens with a wide maximum aperture. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G’s maximum aperture is f/1.8, which provides complete depth-of-field control for isolating your subject and creating stunning portraits.
Outstanding low-light performance Shoot in a greater range of conditions
An f/1.8 maximum aperture isn’t just for creating blurred backgrounds—it’s also the key to exceptional low-light performance. With the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G, you’ll be able to shoot in more situations with only the available light—indoors or out, from morning until night
The AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G optical design allows a different look and feel to images taken with zoom lenses, and its dimensions are ideal for discrete snapshots and landscape shooting with a picture angle that approximates that of the human eye. With its rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening, out-of-focus elements appear more natural. When mounted on a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is the 35mm equivalent focal length of 50mm.what’s in the box: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX Lens, HB-46 Bayonet Lens Hood for AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G, 52mm Snap-On Lens Cap, LF-1 Rear Lens Cap for F Mount Lenses, CL-0913 Soft Lens Case and 5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension).
From the Manufacturer
With a compact, lightweight design, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G provides the high reproduction capability and picture quality for which Nikkor lenses are renowned at an affordable price. The ring type SWM offers quiet AF operation. Although all lens groups shift during focusing, the front element and filter mount do not rotate and the barrel length does not change, which is useful when using filter mounted SB-R200 Wireless Remote Speedlight units.
The AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G optical design allows a different look and feel to images taken with zoom lenses, and its dimensions are ideal for discrete snapshots and landscape shooting with a picture angle that approximates that of the human eye. With its rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening, out-of-focus elements appear more natural. When mounted on a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is the 35mm equivalent focal length of 50mm.
The AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G has two focus modes, M/A (manual override autofocus) and M (manual focus). The M/A mode enables instant manual switching during AF operation. The lens also features a rubber seal to minimize moisture ingression around the mount and can focus down to 0.3 meters (0.98 ft).